Wednesday 15 September 2010

Quick reflection on BbSummit Australasia

Well-organised, some great presentations and interesting things learned about mobile phone content, support structures and new and emerging technologies, though quite a bit of preaching to the converted. Thoroughly enjoyed the time, and the first conference where I've experienced refreshments, lunch and parties by the pool, and where hawaiian shirts and flipflops are customary, and crocodile and kangaroo steaks are staple conference food (didn't try those btw). It was interesting how many schools as well as universities were represented. Griffith University, University of the Sunshine Coast and Queensland University of Technology are doing some great things around e-learning and support for these initiatives. It's in Melbourne next year. Hay ho. Never mind at least I'll be there next week.

And my presentation was well received. All my quarantine- and custom-cleared TFA! guides were snapped up.

1 comment:

  1. And I just want to convey my thanks to all the people I met over the past three days. They were very welcoming and made my stay in Cairns a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete